United States, Chanhassen, MN, Adhesive Technologies
Product Development Scientist
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
Lead R&D for new thermal interface materials used widely in electronics, including fast growth sectors like 5G Telecom, electric vehicles, and autonomous driving systems. Based in the Henkel Center of Excellence for Thermal Materials R&D, this is an opportunity for applied material research in a fast growing technology. Leverage particle science, innovative filler, resin, and composites experience to create valuable products you drive from idea to scale-up.
- Proactively develops new thermally conductive materials and leads projects that generate a competitive edge in the electronics industry.
- Technical expert in polymer chemistries, polymer network physics, highly filled suspension rheology, and/or resin cure chemistry.
- Manages technical aspects of project within stage gate system in conjunction with professional project manager.
- Translates customer and market feedback into technical specifications and develops product formulations and applicable data packages for specific customers and general market
- Reads and interprets patents, examines new product concepts and technology, and determines how to improve or utilize technology.
- Generates intellectual property in the form of patents, trade secrets, and formulation know how.
- Education: . Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, OR related fields, or M.S. with 3-5 years in product development, OR B.S. with a minimum of 7-10 years of product development related experience.
- Deep understanding of heat transfer materials and thermal interface products.
- Broad based knowledge of polymer science, including polymer chemistry, structure property relationships, rheology, bulk and adhesive mechanics of soft materials.
- An understanding of the requirements of applications and assemblies in the electronics industry.
The salary for this role is $89,000.00 - $125,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular